Best 2010 Antivirus
The best 2010 Anti-virus based on the quality of the anti-virus software, customer service, online help and assistance, ability to track and destroy viruses, and ability to keep up to date, and lastly its ability to prevent hackers from taking its defenses down.
In this list of the best 2010 Antivirus software you will find a list of the features as well as a short outline of the product.
Here is a list of top 10 best antivirus software for year 2010
Panda Antivirus making protecting your personal computer as easy as possible. Free automatic updates. Powerful blockage from hijackers, keyloggers, intruders, and hackers. Panda’s Antivirus software comes with an virus and spyware protection. Panda allows you to block, delete, clean, and quarantine infected files and does not slow your pc down during virus scans which is helpful to those constantly on your PC.
Panda Security has won in my book as the best anti-virus of 2010 and here is why: I have tested every one of these antiviruses on my personal computer and only one solved my issues and removed the virus, and that was Panda Security. So in my opinion its simple Panda worked awesome 100% of the time
The new Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 is the easiest-to-use and most intuitive protection for your computer. Just install it and forget about viruses, spyware, rootkits, hackers, online fraud and identity theft. Chat, share photos and videos, bank and buy online, read your favorite blogs or simply surf the Web, with complete peace of mind. And thanks to the new Collective Intelligence technology, the solution is now much faster than previous versions. Panda Security 2010 IS Compatible with Windows 7.
Download Panda Antivirus
Kaspersky Lab, program used to identify and remove potential risks and malicious programs attempting to corrupt files and data on a computer. Real-time email scanning & automatic hourly updates; Rootkit and keylogger protection. As far as rating is concrened, kaspersky antivirus is still considered as the best antivirus because of its maximum power to detect viruses before they may harm your system plus as far as load (Memory/Processor Usage) is concerned it merely effects the performance of your system.
Improved! Complete PC Protection – Green means your computer is up to date and completely safe and secure from malicious threats.Kaspersky iSwift and iChecker Scanning – Automatically adjusts scanning as your activity increases for superfast performance. Efficiently scans only files that have changed since your last scan!
Automated Hourly Updating – Kaspersky delivers especially small signature updates directly to you for highly-efficient computing and premium protection.
Kaspersky Virtual Keyboard – On-screen keyboard makes entering data completely secure.
Kaspersky Security Network – Every Kaspersky user benefits from the immediate global threat intelligence gathered by the Kaspersky Security Network, which links millions of participating Kaspersky users from around the globe.
Improved! Kaspersky Whitelisting and Application Control – Delivers up-to-the-second threat intelligence to determine security privileges for every application you launch.
New! Kaspersky URL Advisor – Plug-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox to warn you of links to dangerous web sites.
BitDefender Antivirus provides advanced proactive protection against viruses, spyware, phishing attacks and identity theft, without slowing down your PC. Manage the security of your home network from a single location. BitDefender software from other computers in the network can be remotely configured, while tasks such as scans, backups tune-ups and updates can be run on-demand or scheduled to run during off-hours. Hourly updates ensure that you are protected against the latest threats without pushing a button. Lost program files are not a problem either. In the rare event of file damage due to PC problems, BitDefender automatically repairs and updates itself.Got a question? Our security experts are available to help you 24/7 via phone, email or chat at no additional cost.
- Antivirus: Protects against viruses and other malware with industry-leading technology & Multi-layered proactive protection against new and unknown threats
- Antispyware: Blocks concealed programs that track your online activities
- Antiphishing: Blocks webpages that attempt to steal your credit card data
- Antispam: Stops unwanted e-mail from reaching your Inbox
- Firewall: Automatically secures your Internet connection wherever you are & Helps prevent outsiders from accessing your Wi-Fi network
- Special operating modes: Game Mode reduces system load & postpones scans & Laptop Mode prolongs battery life
- Tune-up: Removes unnecessary files & registry entries, for optimized performance
- IM Encryption: Keeps your conversations private on Yahoo! and MSN Messenger
- File Vault: Locks up confidential files in an encrypted vault
- File Shredder: Ensures that no traces of deleted sensitive files remain on your PC
- Parental Control: Blocks access to inappropriate websites and e-mail & Limits kids’ access to the Internet, games, etc. to specific times
- Home Network: Manages the security of your entire network from a single location
- Data Backup: Automatically backs up files and folders
The NOD32 antivirus software by ESET is a novel virus program that provides real-time protection against worms, trojans, spyware, malware, phishing and hackers. Nod32 has two different ways to run the program. You can run a simple Nod32 scan or you can spend more time using the control center. Within the control center you can have access to tons of customization feature and different types of scans-DMON, IMON, EMON and more.
Some of the features for NOD32 AntiVirus System include:
- Keeps you safe from viruses, spyware, trojans, password stealers and other malware threats
- Stops most new threats proactively, well before other vendors have issued a signature, maximizing your defense against new and unknown threats
- Scans and cleans Internet traffic and email, even when it’s SSL-encrypted, so your email is always safe
- Stops threats from entering through removable devices so you can share files with confidence
- Integrated SysInspector and SysRescue simplify system diagnosis and recovery
- Self defense prevents malware from degrading your level of protection
- Tiny signature updates happen discretely as needed and won’t bog down your system
- Free technical support via the Web, email or phone
AVG Antivirus has been an up and coming virus scanner for many years. Its free version is one of the most downloaded files on the Internet in the Computer Security sector. The new interface is clean and intuitive while still remaining useful. AVG went through a re-write of their virus scanning engine and included two of their stand alone products with AVG Antivirus as well. AVG Antispyware and AVG Antirootkit were both integrated with the virus scanner. Also revamped is the way AVG Antivirus uses the hardware within your computer. It has been changed to make better use of the multiple cores which are common in todays computers. This should speed up scanning as well as reduce slowdowns.
- LinkScanner® Active Surf-Shield Ensures every web page you visit is safe – even before you go there
- LinkScanner® Search-Shield Applies safety ratings to your Google, Bing/MSN and Yahoo search results
- Superior Phishing Protection Checks to make sure web pages really are what they appear to be Emailing, chatting, and downloading
- Web Shield Lets you download and exchange files without risking virus infections
- E-mail Scanner Keeps you safe from dangerous attachments and links in your e-mail Whether you’re online or offline
- Anti-Virus Makes sure you can’t get or spread a virus, worm, or Trojan horse
- Anti-Spyware Prevents unauthorized information access by spyware and adware
- Anti-Rootkit Ensures even the toughest and most sophisticated threats are kept off your PC
- Game Mode Keeps you safe without interrupting your game-play
- Update Manager Makes sure you’re always protected against the latest threats – automatically
Download AVG Antivirus
Avast! antivirus software represents complete virus protection, offering full desktop security including a resident shield. Daily automatic updates ensure continuous data protection against all types of malware and spyware. avast! antivirus is certified by both ICSA Labs and West Coast Labs Checkmark, and all avast! products are available to download for a free 60-day trial period. Anti-spyware built-in
Spyware is software installed on a computer that is designed to collect information about the computer user, often without their knowledge or consent. This can result in so called identity theft, or theft of valuable information (e.g. bank or credit card details) or proprietary business data. Spyware is often developed by organized crime rings rather than lone individuals and may be installed by a virus.
- Anti-spyware built-in
- Web Shield
- Anti-rootkit built-in
- Automatic updates
- Strong self-protection
- Virus Chest
- Antivirus kernel
- System integration
- Simple User Interface
- Integrated Virus Cleaner
- Resident protection
- Support for 64-bit Windows
- P2P and IM Shields
- Network Shield
Download AVAST Antivirus
McAfee is an industry leader in computer protection and VirusScan is their #1 defense against viruses. This software comes with a ScriptStopper, to stop viruses to spread from one computer to another via email, and WormStopper. Some downsides to the program are that it does not offer instant message protection, P2P/file sharing protection or registry startup protection. McAfee offers an 800 number, however it’s going to cost you and good luck finding the number.
- Two-way Firewall
- Advanced Web Site Safety Ratings
- Identity Protection
- Parental Controls
- Data Backup
- Advanced Home Network Protection
Norton Antivirus Software
Norton, one of the leaders in security software, offers viable antivirus protection. The software is easy to use and has wide-ranging security features to protect your PC from malicious programs. Some of this protection includes instant messaging scanning, script blocking and POP3 and SMTP email protection. But, this software does not provide protection from P2P or file sharing transfers.
- Detects and removes viruses and spyware
- Blocks spyware automatically
- Prevents virus-infected emails from spreading
- Automatically detect and block viruses, spyware, and worms
- Rootkit Protection finds and removes hidden threats in the operating system
- Internet Worm Protection blocks viruses, spyware and worms without specific signatures
- Email and instant-message scanning detects, removes or blocks infected attachments
- Full System Scan performs a deep scan to remove existing viruses, spyware and other threats
- Norton™ Protection Center provides a central place to easily check overall security settings
- Includes protection updates and new product features as available throughout the renewable service period
Download Norton Antivirus
TrendMicro – (Pc-Cillin)
Antivirus has protocols for protecting PCs against viruses, worms and trojan horses as well as spyware, rootkits and malware. It scans incoming files realtime, including emails, downloads and files from portable storage devices. You can also schedule scans, run customized scans or conduct a scan on demand. Trend Micro’s Antivirus plus Anti-spyware now gives its customers the tools it needs to battle malicious spyware, amongst things like trojans, hackers, worms, and adware.
Protects against current and future viruses
An award-winning anti-virus engine protects against computer viruses, worms, Trojan horse programs, and related security threats. Automatic updates immunize you against new computer virus outbreaks for the full duration of your subscription.
Defends your personal information with anti-spyware technology
Powerful anti-spyware technology guards your personal information and privacy against spyware, rootkits, and other malicious software.
Provides real-time protection with automated computer scans
On-demand, scheduled and real-time scanning options actively protect your computer from viruses or spyware in files, incoming and outgoing mail, webmail, and instant messages.
Prevents unauthorized changes
Improved security policies find and stop unwanted attempts to change your operating system and critical software.
Quarantines suspicious files
Trend Micro AntiVirus + AntiSpyware isolates potential or uncleanable threats in a quarantine folder rather than deleting them immediately, allowing you to recover specific files and programs.
Cleans browser history, cookies and unnecessary files
Protect your privacy by removing records listing recently opened websites, and allows you to manage web browser cookies and temporary files deposited on your computer from websites.
Provides customizable security warnings
Decide how often you want to receive warnings about security threats.
Includes free product support
Get FREE phone, email, and online chat support with your annual subscription.
Does thoroughly scan your PC for viruses, and has a built-in anti-spyware scanner. One or the other or both can be run to cut down on scan times. Moreover, the program scans outgoing and incoming email in real-time, does a great job of shielding your registry against probable hijackers and controls which programs startup automatically. F-Secure has a news section that can be used to sign up for virus alerts and updates of what is going on in the virus world.
- Protects your computer against viruses, worms and other malware
- Detects and removes spyware from your computer
- Instant protection against new threats (DeepGuard in-the-cloud protection)
- Easy to install and use
- Software in your language
Download F-Secure Antivirus
The Shield Deluxe
The Shield Deluxe combines reactive Antivirus and Spyware detection methods with the latest proactive technologies to provide your computer with the most effective protection against malicious programs. The product is simple to install and set up, while offering advanced users a range of versatile settings for fine-tuning the program.
Family network protection
Manage the security of your home network from a single location. The Shield Deluxe software from other computers in the network can be remotely configured, while tasks such as scans, backups tune-ups and updates can be run on-demand or scheduled to run during off-hours.
Hassle – Free Hourly Updates
Hourly updates ensure that you are protected against the latest threats without pushing a button. Lost program files are not a problem either. In the rare event of file damage due to PC problems, The Shield Deluxe automatically repairs and updates itself.
Download Shield Deluxe
The 10 Best Anti-Virus Programs of 2010 are not in any specific order with the exception of the 1st – Panda Security, formerly Panda Software as they are the raining champs!
Palm Pre in Review
I’ve had the Palm Pre now for a couple of months and have a much more detailed review that I can give. First thing is that the software that runs the Palm Pre is awesome, its easy to use, and it looks great too with a well designed Graphic User Interface (GUI). I had to return my phone several times and am now on my 3rd phone do to lemons. But overall I like the phone, it just took a few times to get one that was not broken.
The problems that I have run into are the following:
- The charger port on the phone is hidden and impossible to open unless you first slide the phone in the ‘OPEN’ position (very annoying)
- The phone is VERY, VERY, VERY SLOW.. did I mention that its slow? This mus have something to do with the onboard memory because after doing a restart it will run at a great speed until about a week later.
- The phone is supposed to slide up and down, and that is great.. but I had issues with the phone wanting to rotate left and right during use. I felt like it was a rubik’s cube.
- The phone has an earphones Jack, but not a wired jack for a headset, or earpiece. This is annoying for me because I don’t like blue-tooth.
- The phone does not have a built in Video Camera… when I purchased the phone I didn’t even think to look, I suppose I just expected it to come with a video camera as an obvious included item, but not so.
P.S. if anyone ever releases an application for this feature please let me know, I would love to have video capability.
- The phone has a keyboard, but it does not have a keypad for the touch-screen, I thought this was odd since most phone with a full screen give you a touch pad so you don’t have to slide it open every-time you want to type a message or number into the phone.
- The speakerphone is worthless on this phone. I have tried the speakerphone in my car, in my house, in my office… it doesnt matter, it is too hard to hear the person on the other end through the speaker. And the person on the other end of the line always complains whenever I switch it to speaker (I have tested this with dozens of different people)… so this means that the built in microphone thats used for speakerphone is not very good quality.
- Applications, this phone does have a good selections of applications that can be used (I wish all the companies would get together and make 1 common language for all the applications to run off of). As far as a phone to be used for business it is lacking a few applications that can make life easier. The main application that I would like to see developed is Skype (Instant Messenger).
- I have hung up on several people with this phone on accident. The phone will keep turning the screen on when you have it against your ear and if your ear touched the screen it has a high probability of hanging up on the call. I think the solution for this would be to make the screen turn off after a set time and not turn back on unless you press a button or the call ends.
- The screen seems to scratch very easily.
I cant just give you a list of all the bad things without listing some of the good qualities that this phone has. I am still pleased with this phone, and the above issues are things that I found annoying and would like to see rectified. But for most people I dont think the bulk of these issues will affect them.
- Multi-touch screen (great for zooming into photos).
- Great locking device built into the software to prevent mis-dials when the phone is in your pocket. Although one improvement that could be made to this device is to allow the phone to lock without needing a password to regain entry, but instead to just use the sliding unlock button located on the screen.
- Good selection of applications
- the online support for this device is widely available on the internet.
- The camera takes decent pictures
- The phone has a very nice design and looks very sleek and is thin
Lets face it, you didnt read this review to find out all the good things about the palm pre but instead you need to know whats wrong with it to find out if its something you can live with.
If you have anything to add to this review please leave a comment.
Is Twitter worth the trouble?
Seriously, Twitter is starting to run its course and people are talking less about it.. whats going on?
For a while Twitter was on a crazy growth spurt and it was the big BUZZ, even Ashton Kutcher (actor from The 70′s Show) jumped on board. The idea is to have the ability to send your short message to Twitter (Tweet your short message), this allows your followers to always know what your up to or whats new in your life. Some people have taken this to the extreme (I love Lisa Nova’s take on this – see the videos below).
But ultimately this crazy life changing trend of Twitter seems to be slowing down.. whats going on?
I believe that Twitter has seen its spike and now its time that they dip or even plateau. If they are lucky they will plateau for a while and then see a slower but steady growth. As of now the trends show that Twitter users are extremely active for the first 2-4 weeks and then they typically will stop tweeting and stop visiting the site all-together. In my opinion Twitter is very Spammy and still in its infant stages. Before it can be taken seriously by users as a permanent method of short messaging they need to find a better way to control the Spammers that have plagued the site. Secondly they need to be able to control the identity issues that have been overpowering legitimate users.. if your not familiar with this; its when a person will create a Twitter account of another person (usually a celebrity) and will take on the identity usually for the purpose of gaining followers so they can advertise or promote services to them making it seem as if they are being endorsed by the celeb.
Comedian and popular YouTuber Lisa Nova gives her take on Twitter.. Enjoy (be sure to watch both videos Part 1 & Part 2)
<object width=”640″ height=”561″><param name=”movie” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/ALbH63Ali9U&hl=en_US&fs=1&”></param><param name=”allowFullScreen” value=”true”></param><param name=”allowscriptaccess” value=”always”></param><embed src=”http://www.youtube.com/v/ALbH63Ali9U&hl=en_US&fs=1&” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=”always” allowfullscreen=”true” width=”640″ height=”561″></embed></object>
If you liked the first video continue down here to Part 2
<object width=”425″ height=”344″><param name=”movie” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/CwGzdbLweUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&”></param><param name=”allowFullScreen” value=”true”></param><param name=”allowscriptaccess” value=”always”></param><embed src=”http://www.youtube.com/v/CwGzdbLweUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=”always” allowfullscreen=”true” width=”425″ height=”344″></embed></object>